Mares Abyss regulator setup advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pzmaria

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello ScubaBoard Members.
First of all I am rather beginner recreational diver diving so far only warm Caribbean waters. I have around 60 dives on the clock and on average I do 15-20 dives a year. So far I was using rented regulators, every time different one, sometimes in not so perfect condition condition so for some time I was thinking of getting my own, a used one but in good condition, get it checked before a dive. Something decent, easy nothing fancy but reliable. A few days ago I came across a set for sale. Looks like it was used at diving school. Set up includes:
Mares MR22 1st Stage
Mares "Abyss" Primary
Mares Octopus
Sherwood Gauge
Inflator Hose
Seller says that this regulator has been fully serviced by a certified repair technician and has been equiped with all new service kits and parts and is fully functional. I'm attaching a picture of this regulator and a set up. By the way asking price for this is $200.00. All your experienced advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Maria

Attachments

• Mares MR22.jpg
    Mares MR22.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Mares Set up.jpeg
    Mares Set up.jpeg
    2.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Mares.jpeg
    Mares.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 143
This appears to be an older Abyss, but these things are bullet proof. They can use all the current parts such as the tri-material sets.

If it has recently been serviced the $200 would be a very far price, in my opinion.

I think that you'll enjoy it.

They're bulletproof and deliver a lot of air. You can hardly go wrong with it IMHO. The $200 price is pretty good, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom