Atomic octopus confusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirket

Registered
Reaction score
I realize variations on this question have appeared on the board before but I still don't feel like I understand the Atomic octopus selection.

I am purchasing a T2x tomorrow (I have 3 non-Ti regs and I want something light and indestructible for travel).

The Ti2 would seem to be the octopus to use with this but I have several questions:

1. Why is the Ti2 generally less expensive than the B2 octopus? Is it just the swivel joint?

2. What is the difference between the Ti2 and the T2x second stage?

- Yellow hose, no swivel, compact exhaust and yellow purge cover for certain.

Are there any internal differences? Does the Ti2 have the updated high flow case and magnum lever of the T2x? I don't pocket my octo- is there any problem putting the full size exhaust back on it?

What confused me was this post:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/re...ifference-atomic-ti-models-2.html#post4913278

In which Darcy mentioned the Ti2 being based on the same original titanium second. I don't know if those refer to the same model numbers or if the Ti2 was updated with the features from the T2x.

Darcy over at Atomic has been very helpful so far. I am still waiting to hear back on my last couple of questions and figured some outside input couldn't hurt.

Thanks, -Don

Just get a Z2 octo or a B2 without the swivel hose. The Ti2 has the old style body, exhaust, and regular lever.

Much of the difference in the Ti2 and Tx2 second stags is bling.

Last edited:
So I finally heard back from Atomic- the Ti2 is based on the older design and uses the old style magnum lever and exhaust and so on. I'm simply going to put a B2 octo on mine and not worry about it.

As an aside- anyone know what sort of discounts dive places generally give on Atomic gear?

Back
Top Bottom