Can Anyone Identify these First Stages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wavetrain75

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
2 regs for your inspection. Came from an Aqua Lung Dealer. Second one is French.

Next question: Where do I find parts and manuals?

Attachments

• reg1.1.jpg
    reg1.1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 103
  • reg 1.2.jpg
    reg 1.2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 94
  • reg2.3.jpg
    reg2.3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 101
  • reg2.1.jpg
    reg2.1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 91
#2 is from La Spirotechnique/Aqualung, known as Supra (F) or Cousteau SEA (US) with the dry environmental cap. Good balanced diaphragm first, I have one without the cap for 20+ years. Parts still available (roughly the same for all AL balanced dia.), manual all over the Net.

This first is a Calypso- modern version (there have been 2 other versions in the past). A simple flow by piston reg). Nothing fancy but a solid reg, makes a good pool or stage reg.
My buddy Zung almost has it on #2, it is a SEA (at least on this side of the pond) but it does not have the enviromental seal kit installed. You can see the hex adjustment screw, so is does not have the enviromental seal installed. Solid regs based on the tried and tested Royal Aquamaster/Conshelf design. A little bulky but a good reg. Parts for both are still available.

You can find service manuals on both at www.frogkick.dk - /

RE #2. Has one of the hose fittings been modified to fit a square peg into a round hole? Or is that just a bit of rounding due to sloppy wrench work?

Good eyes, Bro.
The early AL's have recessed ports, and that guy had artfully ground off the hose to fit. :D

Why would one limit the new Calypso to pool use? Just because it's an unbalanced reg doesn't make it unsuitable for open water. I happen to like diving unbalanced piston regs like the Calypso and the Aquarius. At depths less than 130 feet, they work fine and are very reliable.

Because it's cheap, easy to clean but mostly because of the crappy plastic second stage that comes with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom