Rydec Hoses - urgent advise needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

Does anybody of you have experience with Rydec hoses? I'm going to place an order for regs in the Lucas Dievestore. It would be good to get the hooses, too. The store sells only Rydec.

Hoses - Lucas Divestore

Are they OK? They seem to be US made. What's the difference between the Rydec and Rydec Xtreme except of that the latter is braided? I mailed my questions to the store but they don't hurry. Just affirmed the receipt of my mail. Could you help me out in your wisdom?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I love my Myflex hoses, but, from what I have been told the longer Miflex hoses get floaty because they are so flexible.

I've never heard of the Rydec brand but looking at the photos it would appear that the Xtreme's have a braided cover while the non-Xtremes are conventional rubber hoses

The reason people don't like Miflex for DIR-style primary LP 'long hose' is that the braid makes them floaty and they don't route as well around your body as conventional rubber hoses. IMO they're ok for 5' (single tank) but I use rubber for 7' (doubles) for this reason. YMMV

The ocean will still be there next week you know

Thanks, Linedog! I deleted the PS with the Miflex question from my OP as I found many threads already on Miflex. My real issue is Rydec. But I appreciate your feedback! Have a good day!:)

I've never heard of the Rydec brand

Well, yeah... That puzzled me, because you can find most anything reviewed and analyzed in this SB forum, but Rydec. It's like a well kept secret in the scuba world. Doesnt inspire to buy them, does it?

Didn't get that part about ChoppedLiver... My self taught English, you know... Sorry!:)

Actually I think you may find the Rydec brand is the in-house brand of Lucasdive - and that the only difference with the Xtreme other than the braiding is the price. But then again what would I know, I don't even get a thank you for my posts

It's just a hose, you might be overthinking it a little too much

I don't even get a thank you for my posts

Thank you very much for your posts, indeed.:) I've read many of them in many topics.

It's just a hose, you might be overthinking it a little too much.

Yeah, it seems that I'm overreacting to the frequent reminders that your gear is a life sustaining equipment...:)

You're welcome

The hoses are US made, burst tested & (I assume since they're sold in Europe) CE rated and sold by a reputable dealer... not sure what else you would want to know about them

Hose failures are a pretty rare occurence, but they can & do happen to any brand of hose. You're taught how to deal with it so there's no reason it should be life-threatening in the unlikely event it happens to you

This is what I mean by overthinking it

Also, on the one hand you want to know the ins & outs of every bit of gear (nothing wrong with that) but at the same time you want to know it immediately because you just have to order it today

This is what I meant by The ocean will still be there next week

HTH

Good exegesis for your oracles, Tortuga. Now I understand them better.:)

You rightly noticed that I'm a newbie in diving with all the impatience that belongs to one. From our short conversation I learned several things I did not know, such like:

- Lucas Dievestore is a reputable dealer;
- 7'hose is ment for doubles, for singles I need a 5' one;
- a conventional rubber hose routes around the body better than a braided one;
- the ocean is nearly eternal.:)

Alas, the reason for my impatience is less poetic than a juvenile zeal.:) In a fortnight I will travel to dive in Norway. It is outside of EU. If I place my orders early enouhg to get them there, it might save me some hundreds of Euros. As you see, your posts are a pure gold in the direct sense of the word.:) Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom