Considering Used 2006 Mares Proton Metal Reg - Any Advice - Greatly Appreciated !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gdmplc01

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking at a used dive setup that includes a 2006 Mares Proton Metal secondary regulator - any advice, feedback on this reg?

I heard about some issues regarding Mares service, obtaining parts.

It is a good, all metal, classic downstream 2nd. Easy to service, and all of the "annual" service parts can be found from "generic" sources if you cannot obtain the offical Mares service kit.

This reg has a low "parts count", and is easy to service.

Check to see if your local dive shop services Mares regs; otherwise there are shops you can mail the reg to for service (Scubatoys is one).

Having said all that, make sure you are getting a good "deal" (and this applies to all used regs). All of my recent reg purchases were great deals (found on ebay), and I highly recommend buying used if the price is right, if the reg is in decent condition, and if you have done your homework regarding service and parts availability.

Have fun with whatever you decide.

Best wishes.

LeadTurn_SD - Mahalo !!

I really appreciate your rapid reply. BTW - The first stage is the Mares V16 Proton Metal. The BC is a Zeagle Stiletto with their Octo-Z

budget another $ 100 - $ 150 for most dive shops to do an 'annual' in the reg set , although some places like Scubatoys do servicing pretty cheap, but add in shipping costs if you do have Scubatoys do the 'annual' service.

ScubaFanatic - Thanks, I'll probably go with my LDS - but will take a look at Scubatoys pricing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom