Rebuilding air 2 where to get parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

curve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a 2nd gen air 2 I need a rebuild kit. Where can I find these at.

Any Scubapro dealer, surely?
If not, try 'Underwater Unlimited', 5749 SW 40th St, Miami, FL 33155. Tel: 305 445 7837.
They rebuilt my antique Air II in Aug 2009, using original parts. Did a good job as far as I could tell...

Im really looking for an online distributor who I could order from.

I don't think you will find one. Ebay might have them but not very regularly. Or you can find the LP seat from a number of sources (standard seat used in all Scubapro unbalanced 2nds and many others), all o-rings are standard, and then find the washer for the connector. I think I have found a suitable washer from McMaster-Carr but have not confirmed it yet. I you could get a 3rd Gen kit which is more common, then it should be just a matter of a few other o-rings.

Thanks Ill call them tomorrow. I actually just need the diaphram and the metal support piece for it

Thanks Ill call them tomorrow. I actually just need the diaphram and the metal support piece for it

You will not find those parts in a "service kit". The diaphragm for the 2nd and 3rd Gens is the same so the part should be supported by Scubapro if you can find a dealer who will sell one. I am not sure what the "metal support piece" is. I am not familiar with the 2nd Gen Air 2. But I suspect you may be talking about the retaining clip found only in the 2nd Gen version. That may be difficult to find. Might just be easier to grab another complete Air2 on ebay.

No its a metal piece on the inside that sticks throught the diaphram and bolts down to the inflator tube Im assuming thats what its called.I have the retaing clip that holds the tube in place. This is on the other end of that tube. I was being curious and and bent this piece and tore the diaphram LOL

I think you're probably talking about the lever. I might have a rebuilt 2nd Gen Air II waiting for me to get off my duff and post it on eBay. If you're interested in keeping your "accident" for a parts reg, and want another one to "experiment" on PM me.

By the way, the lever should not stick through the diaphragm. However, it is bent (it's supposed to be) so maybe you're not so bad off after all.

How about posting a few pix so we can better help you.

c

Last edited:
yes thats what im talking about but mines not bent thats the problem it was sticking straight through the diaphram. Thats the only 2 pieces I need

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom