Zeagle Envoy Deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clpkab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm preparing to purchase my first regulator and am looking at the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe. The LDS that I am working with also carries Sherwood and Atomic regs. (While I realize there are other retailers, I am leaning towards supporting this LDS.)

I plan to do primarily warm water diving. Although I will be doing some local diving at a quarry, most of my diving will likely involve travel.

Would appreciate advice and opinions on the Envoy vs the comparably priced models of the other two brands.

The other brands you mention only have piston 1st stages so there is no direct comparison to the diaphragm Envoy apart from price.
Atomics are well regarded but expensive and Sherwoods are simple for poorly trained techs to work on.
The Envoy (or Envoy plus) is one of the best mid range (price) regs you can buy.
Other similar diaphragm regs are:
Apeks XTX20
AquaLung Titan/Micron LX.

My take is that your available options are:

Zeagle which are thrice rebranded Apeks in which case I would
buy the cheapest copies available and peel off the stickers
I think it goes, Apeks, Aqualung, Zeagle, Diverite, others, more others
or something like that.

Sherwood, which is a nothing reg.

Atomic which is supported over there claimed to be made over there
and supposedly the ants pants run by a couple of smart guys that
jumped the boat from scubapro before the scubapro became completely
engrossed in bottom line
Expensively unnecessary

So I would speak to your dive shop bloke about reserving
the next set of second hand Apeks regs that come in.

Very good.

I do not own Zeagles but from what I hear they are good regs. The Envoy was highly regarded by magazine testers also. Zeagle regulators sold since 2000 or so are NOT re-branded Apeks regulators. Zeagles are sold online so shop around to get your best deal from the LDS.

I sell and service all three brands you mentioned here.
Zeagle most certainly is not a rebadged anything else. The Envoy Deluxe will be replaced at some point by the new Onyx., Lifetime free service parts to origional owner. This is a diaphram design regulator capable of great air flow at extreem depths. It is a common choice for Tri Mix divers here and used by some solo diver commercial spearfishermen that I know personally.
The new Sherwood Magnum and Brut regs are durable and stable easy breathing products that won't break your budget,. Lifetime free service parts to the origional owner. This is a regulator that is on about it's 4th engineering version since hitting the market in the early 80's. It gets better every version.This is a diaphram sealed piston regulator that will bleed/burp some air during ascent
The Z2 Atomic is a piston regulator with great engineering in the design. If you want a sealed piston Atomic regulator you get to purchase $20 worth of Cristolube , to fill the spring chamber, every two years when you get your regulator serviced. Your reg will be greasy to the touch from the Cristolube, and service parts are not free to the owner.
There are no bad choices here and as you read reviews you may decide the best choice is the brand you can get serviced locally by a trained tech that has availability of factory service parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom