hog 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
After much debate I ordered and received a hog 2nd stage to act as a backup for my mk10 g250's main setup. I was impressed with the build quality and of course the price. After hooking the regulator up to test it I noticed that it had a noticeably higher cracking effort than the g250 :confused:. Is this to be expected or does the orifice need to be adjusted in order to get similar performance? In other words are the regs shipped detuned from the factory. Thanks!

I have 6 HOG 2nds and found that they were all very conservatively tuned from the factory......not such a surprise since the last thing a manufacturer wants is a brand new reg freeflowing right out of the box.
Back off the orifice until you just get a slight ff with the cracking pressure knob all the way out.

You probably have a very nice
selection of Kirby Morgan regs
too

......I do, but most of them are the plastic ones with other manufacturers logos on them......I'm an eBay cheapskate.

Thanks fishpie I suspected that they were tuned conservatively after reading all the positive reviews. I will try to update my impression after adjusting the orifice (yes purge depressed).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom