What other manufacturers make these regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently acquired a Seac Sub P-Synchro regulator set and I cant for the life of me figure out how to open the 2nd stage to clean it out completely or take it apart. Since this reg isnt regularly sold in the U.S., does anyone know of other vendors that use the same design that may be good to reference for assistance?

seac_p-synchro.jpgseac_p-synchro_2.jpg

I can't figure out how to open it up like this:
seac_p-synchro_3.jpg

From the pictures it seems clear that the face plate unscrews.

The purge cover unscrews, but the plastic grill that protects the membrane doesn't:

seac.jpg

I've tried unscrewing it or just pulling it out, but it doesn't budge and I'm afraid of applying any additional force and breaking it. I have Oceanic, Aqua Lung, and HOG 2nd stages and they're all straight forward getting open, but this one has me stumped.

Hard to tell for sure but most inner rings just lift out. Odds are this one is jammed in. Try soaking it in in hot (barely hold your hands in it) water. If it does not loosen it after soaking for a few minutes, then place it in the freezer for several minutes, the inner ring should cool and contract faster than the larger outter area and loosen it. Let us know if you get it, it's always good to add the info to your pool of knowledge.

This inner ring is in fact threaded and does unscrew, it just sounds like it is really tight. The innards of this regulator are "very similar" to the x95 series of scubapro 2nd stages. I'm not saying they are made in the same factory or anything like that but they are "Very similar"

According to the schematics here, next to last page, the ring unscrews. Try soaking it in warm soapy water for a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom