Aqualung Conshelf 21 reg set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a Aqua-Lung Conshelf 21 1st and 2nd stage for $75.00 it needs servicing. Woould this be a good investment?

is in average to good shape.

I've been using one for years and don't see any reason to change.

Breathes good down to 100'+, have used it in cold water down to 41*.

It is a solid regulator. My college dive club has a few, and I have a Conshelf SE2 which is almost the same, and they have been working great for more than 10 years.

However, before you buy one, find out how much it would cost to service. The parts kit is just a standard Aqualung kit so availability is not a problem, but if you add up $75+service kit+service, you may find that you would rather get a new cheap regulator, or ask for a lower price.

I think it cost me ~$20 for parts and $50 for labor.

Performancewise, it won't hold you back from anything although it's a pretty old model and you will probably notice a difference with the better regulators out there.

If you want to compare the price to a new regulator, the US Divers Titan is an updated Conshelf. The first stage uses the same rebuild kit. The Titan 2nd stage unbalanced version looks the same as a Conshelf also. I just looked and LeisurePro charges $165 for a Titan (see link). That does not include an octopus, gauges, inflator hose, shipping, or taxes. It would most likely be a lot less expensive to overhaul the Conshelf set.

I have a Conshelf 12 and Conshelf 21. I bought the 21 new about 18 years ago. It have never given me any problem. It has a balanced diaphragm first stage, is compact, durable, rugged, and easily serviced. It breathes easy and smooth. It is a nice, reliable, general purpose, mid-range performance regulator.

http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/weba...ctDisplay?prrfnbr=7442&prmenbr=946&cmpid=qink

OUTDOORAMN69US once bubbled...
I have a chance to buy a Aqua-Lung Conshelf 21 1st and 2nd stage for $75.00 it needs servicing. Woould this be a good investment?
Conshelfs are good reliable mid-range regulators. The issue is that you are likely going to spend close to $100 to have it serviced (and don't even think about purchasing a used reg without having it serviced, unless you really really trust the seller!). For that money or a little more you can buy a new mid-range regulator, possibly even with a warranty.

So I would pass on it.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

OUTDOORAMN69US once bubbled... I have a chance to buy a Aqua-Lung Conshelf 21 1st and 2nd stage for $75.00 it needs servicing. Woould this be a good investment?
I've got one that I use as an aquarium diving reg and it performs just fine.

I wouldn't dream of buying a used reg of that vintage. Price wouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom