Help identifying a regulator.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone recognize this?
Unknown reg.jpgUnknown reg2.jpgUnknown reg3.jpg

Kinda looks like an old US Divers Calypso. Instead of the valve having the built in reserve (i.e. a J valve) the regulator has it.

Kinda thinking of getting this and having it serviced and using it on a pony bottle.

I would skip it ... not a reg I would us for a pony bottle. I would prefer something that is a bit more modern and easy to service as it is something that you will be using when Davy Jones comes a calling.

Heathtways Scubair J 1st stage
and the 2nd is probably a USD metal (Aquarius/Calypso/Conshelf) ..... what does it say on the purge?

Yes, it's a Healthways Scubair J regulator. It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, but the second looks to be the right Healthways for the setup. They are becoming collectable, especially the sonic warning models, not sure I'd want to dive one as my primary.

Thanks. It is on craig's list for $15 locally. I'm waiting on better pics.

Def a Healthways Scubair J first stage, I can't tell about the second stage.
The J is not hard to get back in service, at least the reg section, harder to tell about the J valve. 1 oring and a HP seat is about all that is in the first stage but the condition of the J valve parts is questionable. I can pretty much promise you no one will service it, kits have not been made in close to 40 years. It's easy to do but I doubt any shop will touch it. About $10-15 is the going rate for these.

Ya I wont worry is the seller never gets back. Thanks!

sent via nookcolor N2A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom