Cleaning first stage DIN thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How do you clean the DIN thread on your first stage? I soak my reg in fresh water after each day of diving but with the cap on the prevent water intrusion. Is there any trick to clean the thread beside using a wet towel or may be a toothbrush?

Thanks,

Christophe

Is the mild corrosion on the threads hindering function at all (beyond making a slight squeaking noise when screwing it into the DIN tank valve)?
If not, don't worry about it and it will get cleaned good as new during the next servicing.

I suppose if you really wanted to you could use a damp towel or toothbrush. :idk:
If it really bothered you so much to have shiny DIN threads on your first stage, you could just remove the part in question, stick it in a heated ultrasonic bath or 50:50 vinegar:water solution followed by fresh water rinses, and then re-install the part. Not worth the trouble IMO, though.

Some hot vinegar applied with a brush

Back
Top Bottom