conshelf se2 rebuild kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txaggie08

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are they available somewhere? I can't find them on the net, these regs do not seem complicated to service, I just need the parts.

The kits are very hard to get unless you are a Dive shop or military diver. Noone wants to sell them because of the liability and of course the main reason is overhaul fees when the shops get cut out. Good luck,:idk::idk:

I believe Vintage Double Hose has parts available......look for Royal Aquamaster parts.
The only 3 parts needed for the 1st stage are the HP seat, balance chamber o ring and sintered filter (occasionally the diaphragm).
USD 2nd stage seats hold up really well.....they rarely need changing and when they do just flip it.

......btw HP seats and balance chamber o rings are the same in all USD/Aqualung/Seaquest diaphragm regulators.

The kits are very hard to get unless you are a Dive shop or military diver. Noone wants to sell them because of the liability and of course the main reason is overhaul fees when the shops get cut out. Good luck,:idk::idk:

Not so my friend. These kits are not hard to find. What you are looking for is kit #900001. This kit fits all Conshelfs and Titans with one possible exception, some of the early kits did not have the oring for the removable HP orifice that is in the later Conshelfs and Titans. If you don't have the orifce, no problem and if you do, it's a 10 cent oring.
They show up on ebay all the time. Another option is the kits Vintage Double Hose sells. Bryan has made up aftermarket kit which contain both the first and second stage kits. Conshelf XIV Service kit [Conshelf XIV Service Kit] - $35.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

And if none of that works for you, any Trident dealer can order you all the parts you need. The HP seat (A224), diaphragm (A163) and filter (AA71). The rest of the parts are common orings. A lot of shops will give you BS on the sale of OEM parts and not bat an eye at ordering these for you.

The Conshelf and it's kin (Titan/SEA/Legend) are easy to service, find parts for and very dependable....there is a reason the internal design of these regs have been basically unchanged since 1965 when it was introduced in Royal Aquamaster double hose reg..

If you need a high pressure assembly tool, drop me a PM, I make and sell them. You can reassemble a Conshelf without them but it's a lot easier with the right tool.

dropped you a pm, thanks for the feedback. I found that VDH kit, and THOUGHT it was the right one, but wasn't sure.

These regs look identical to what we've been running in paintball since the 90's, they just don't have the recharge rate to keep up with the guns(I tore down an old reg the other day I was given(it's not one I can even find a service center to fix), and It looks identical to a palmer reg I run on one of my guns :wink:

Answered your PM.
Post a couple of good photos of the reg, odds are we can identify it and likely source parts.

Ive been searching for a rebuild kit for my conshelf regs too, I found one for my first stage, but absolutely nothing for my second and octo, and sadly they are in desperate need of a rebuild, if anyone has the kits for them, send me a PM

Thanks

Here you go. Bryan at Vintage Double Hose has kits for the first and second stage (minus the exhaust valve which usually does not need replacing) and the indivigual parts as well. Mostly you need the LP seat which he has listed under misc parts.

Shop Online at VDH

Hey, Herman,
Which Conshelfs used the removable HP orifice? I might want to pick up a couple. My Conshelfs are all the older versions, even the brand new Conshelf 14 I bought a year ago.

Ive been searching for a rebuild kit for my conshelf regs too, I found one for my first stage, but absolutely nothing for my second and octo, and sadly they are in desperate need of a rebuild, if anyone has the kits for them, send me a PM

Thanks

The second stage really shouldn't need anything other than a low pressure seat. Even then, they are reversible. Pop the LP seat out of the poppet and look at the back side. If it hasn't been used, flip it over and reinstall it. Then clean the reg, reassemble and adjust it. The diaphragms and eaxhaust valves rarely need replacing.

Back
Top Bottom