XTX20 owners - a few questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
how do you like the XTX20? any noticeable, nagging cons about it? what is your typical usage (i.e. depth, temp)? i got one for our warm water diving here and curious to see who uses this reg as their primary. thanks for any help.

Gas flow performance of the XTX 2nd stage is identical to any other Apeks primary 2nd stage.....not surprising since the only difference is a slip on metal heat sink is added with the 40 and an adjustment knob is added with the 50/100/200.
The unsealed 1st stages again have the same gas performance as their sealed brethren.

I've used, and would be happy to use, the US4 xtx20 (their bottom end "introductory" model) on doubles on dives pushing 300' in S Florida.

edit.....actually the t20 not the xtx20 (same guts in a slightly bigger case).

Last edited:
exactly what i was hoping to hear (and kinda expecting). thank you.

.......btw the US4/DS4 1st stage actually has a better more consistent flow rate than the turret version depending on how the swivel is aligned.

i was debating about picking up a HOG set up but with shipping, i still come out ahead with the XTX20 or 40 here so maybe, i'll pick up another XTX20 or 40.

......among my reg fleet I've got (3) XTX 200's (2 regular/1 Tungsten) and, along with my 2 Atomics, consider them my best regs!

does it have to be an xtx40 2nd (with the metal sleeve inside) to convert to the inhalation adj knob?

ALL Apeks XTX second stages are essentially identical, except that the XTX 20 does not have a heat sink, and the XTX 20 and 40 do not have the adjustment knob. They all have a metal air barrel, and the adjustment knob can be added to the 20 or 40.

ordering a knob now....thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom