1st reg decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexoki

Registered
Reaction score
I am about to purchase my first reg and it has come down to either the Zeagle ZX50d or Scubapro MK16 S550. I can get both for a similar price and will be diving mostly tropical waters but want a reg that can also be used in colder waters.
I am looking for ease of breathing, minimum bubble interference, and something that will last me a good few years as I gain more diving experience.

I have a ScubaPro MK25/S600 set-up and am very pleased with it. Breathes great at all depths (so far!).

Go with ScubaPro...Great regs.

A lot of guys seem to like Apex too.

Zeagle pays for parts for life...I don't know if SP does...

I have an Apeks and it Rocks

If both your choices are fairly easy to get
serviced ask your LDS to take them both for
a test dive and tell him you will buy the one
you like better....he shouldn't have a problem
with that

Have you looked into an Apeks at all? I suspect you might find that they are abit more reasonably priced than SP or Zeagle. I own a couple of Apeks and love them. They breathe easy and dry at every depth I've had them at. Apeks also provides free parts for life if you service your regs annually.

Good luck :)

newbie-in-fl once bubbled...
Zeagle pays for parts for life...I don't know if SP does...

If you have your reg serviced every year, SP parts are free.

Quality regs, excellent breathing characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom