Dacor Viper Tec Regulator Spare parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelwts

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi ,

I'm new and from Malaysia . I have two units of Dacor Viper Tec regulators that somehow have had the front piece ( purge button ) which was made of some type of plastic / rubber material that has crumbled over the years . Wonder if it is still possible to get the parts as I know Dacor is no longer manufacturing ??

I have inserted a pic of the damaged part .

Your assistance in this matter is very much appreciated .

Thanks

Attachments

• vipertec regulator.jpg
    vipertec regulator.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,318
The Mares MV octo seems to use the same case with a different purge cover that looks like it would fit.
Now, to find a Mares dealer that is willing to order them for you is another question.
Another option is to swap out your 2nds for something like the HOG D1.

The Viper was made by Mares after they took over the Dacor name. The part, which may not have a Dacor badge, should be available from Mares. Scubatoys in the US could probably fix you up, although the international shipping cost may be prohibitive.

I'm all for fixing things rather than replacing, but in this case I'd say use this as an opportunity to say your goodbyes to a bad regulator.

Thanks guys for the tips . Will try keyshunter's suggestion and fishpie's before finally saying goodbye .
Will let you know the outcome .

As other said, any Mares dealer can order an MV purge cover, which is compatible with the dacor viper- The 'MV' stands for mares viper. Unfortunately, the only color available is yellow.

As other said, any Mares dealer can order an MV purge cover, which is compatible with the dacor viper- The 'MV' stands for mares viper. Unfortunately, the only color available is yellow.

Thanks Schubasteve . Now that's great news . Yellow doesn't bother me lol :D

:wink: Thanks a million guys . Managed to get the Mares MV Octo spares from a local supplier here and changed the cover . Fits perfectly . Thanks fro the tips .

Back
Top Bottom