SCUBAPRO G-250 purchase used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BAMA6977

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Found used G-250 for $100.00. Good buy?? What should I look for?? My first time to buy used.

Sounds high to me - especially if it needs to be serviced.

It's about the going rate if it's in decent shape, and not one of the G250HP models.

Great reg... I use them almost exclusively (with the Mk10). Price does seem a little high (I've paid $150 or less for at least two of my Mk10/G250 regs). Has it been serviced recently?

It really depends on your purpose in buying.

I'd say it's too high, but that's because unserviced as is, not too sure what's inside for poppet, etc, G250s sell a little too high for me to make it worth my time and effort buy them for re-sale. Once I service a $100 G250 and try to get parts cost and a reasonable return for labor back out of it, then people whine the price is too high and they won't sell.

On the other hand, even after the cost of servicing, a $100 G250 will still cost you about half of a new G250V and give you 100% of the performance.

Back
Top Bottom