Apeks or Scubapro for doubles (manifold or indies)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

currier

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Curious as to some opinions ...

Interesting in inching toward tech by first kitting up in doubles.
IF price were the same, IF both were a slight PITA to have serviced locally, and IF future promises of free parts didn't mean a thing, would you recommend
1) SP MK17 w/G250V
2) Apeks DS4 w/XTX50

What I'd like to hear about is performance at depth, hose routing concerns, personal comfort issues, or general opinions from experience if you've got 'em.

Thanks!

My tek regs are Apeks only.
2 x DS4 with TX50(primary) and a modified T20(secondary) as 2nd stages. I replaced the original adjusting screw(AP2029/1) on T20 with a AP2029. I can now adjust it with my finger instead of an allen key.
I am using an OMS twin bladder. Attached the primary long hose and a low pressure inflator hose on the right post. The inflator hose is for the reduntant wing. As for the left post I attached the primary inflator hose, HP hose and my AAS via a swivel joint.
12 yrs later and I am still using the same set-up
I had tried the FSR but couldn't tell the difference.
I had also learnt how to service the regs. A must for all tek divers.

Don't spend too much on gadgets, spend it on helium!!

I do have 2 X MK17 and 1 X G250V. If I had the chance I would replace the the G250V(plastic) with a A700 (metal). The only reason I choose SP over Apeks was that I didn't like the lds that is servicing Apeks.

I can't compare both Apeks and SP but as far as hose routing and performance at depth I think it is top notch.

I would Opt for the Apeks DST with 5port Adapter and XTX50, as this will make hose routing much easier for doubles, it also has two High pressure ports vs. one on the DS4.

The DS4 is also a great choice, given the opportunity the jump up to the DST is worth it.

IMG_1394.JPG

Take a look at HOG. Dive gear express sells a doubles kit. You pick the hose lengths. Also if you like the G250v look at the Halcyon Halo. Its a copy of the G250v and you can order parts kits easier.

Later Mon,
Nick

You should buy Apeks or Scubapro..... from me. I'm switching to HOG. And I have a lot of regs.

I have Scubapro and dive either an H valve on a single tank or doubles, and my partner has HOG. If I had to buy again it would be HOG.

I use to be an Apeks DST/DS4 [w/doubles] user....Then switched to HOG....The Hog already comes w/a port on the top, but w/the Apeks DST you have to buy an upgrade kit [unless they've changed] and have some one install it.... There is no upgrade kit for a top port on the DS4's.....Additionally the HOG's are better quality, you can get parts, service them yourself and are a lot less expensive......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom