Mares Proton XL and Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeoDiver

Reaction score
:confused:

Greetings;

I'm thinking about getting Nitrox certified. I read in some article that any regulator would be usable with Nitrox as long as the mixture was below 40%. But I recently bought a brand new Mares Proton XL and reading through the user manual I discovered a CAUTION stating that my regulator could only be used with air and not enriched air.
Can anyone shed some light here? I would hate to have purchased an expensive quality regulator and only use it with air.

Thanks in advance for the replies,

Neodiver
guppy300@excite.com

This is strictly a liability issue. The information that you have on the limit of EAN40 is the industry standard. Don't worry about it. If you use higher than 40% then the reg must be prepared for oxygen usage.

Greg Barlow

dont worry about it if its <40. As greg said its a liability issue. I use my XL with nitrox regularly without problems

Thanks guys;

I guess you're right. Nowadays lawyers write manuals... Not designers nor users. It's just the way it goes. Too many god damned lawyers as always!

NeoDiver.:partsun:

NeoDiver once bubbled...
Too many god damned lawyers as always!

NeoDiver.:partsun:

:rolleyes: Whatever... Lawyers are like guns. When you need one, you really really need one - regardless of your past statements to the contrary. Odd how no one ever blames the people who run to the lawyers to blame others for their own stupidity... Takes two to tango.

I'd take a gun over a lawyer anyday!

The problem is, the legal system ALLOWS such stupid proceedings to begin with.

Oh well, it makes for a decent living, for the lawyers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom