US Divers Conshelf 21 ser#YMB1891

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I must be crazy :headscrat when ever I see scuba gear for sale I buy it. BC, Tank with the Hydro done last year and this USD conshelf 21 reg all for a 100 bucks. I've been looking for info on the reg and cant seem to find any. can somebody tell me how old this reg is and is it a good one ?.

Mike

Conshelf 21 has got to be 10-15 yrs old. That said, I dive one and have never had a problem; can get it serviced pretty much anywhere and parts should stay available since they are used in lots of other U.S. Divers regs.

You should send it to me so my Conshelf 21 can keep it company.

My Conshelf is an XI and was new in '71... so the XXI ought to be '81 or later(?) I don't know if they were into the "New Year Model" thing in those days or not.
The Conshelf is what I call a "bulletproof" regulator. It just works. Mine's even had an internal saltwater bath (blown "O" ring on my deco bottle at 80' - R&R'd the "O" ring there) (it did get an overhaul the next day) and keeps on ticking. The first stage guts are so good they're still pretty much the same in a couple of AL's current regs.
I'd say you got a good deal.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom