scubapro mk 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anybody had a look at the new scubapro mk 21. It seems to be similar to the mk 25, but without the turret. It mentions that there are two heads available. Im interested in one that has a fifth port type option out the bottom. Any thoughts?

Look at the SP museum section (or timeline) on the Scubapro website. The description says the piston is smaller (which surprised me), if true then it is not just a MK-25 without the turret. Also the pay attention to the angle of the ports they change depending on the head.

I recently went through the Scubapro Technician course being held locally last month. The rep talked about the new MK21 quite extensively. The MK21 is similar, but not identical to the MK25. There are a few small differences such as the piston is smaller, there is only one o-ring on the piston, and there is no rotating turret. One head had four ports on it, and the optional one has a fifth port that is directly out the bottom for technical divers hose routing on doubles. As a technician the most important question I had was if it is similar to the 25 will it use the same service kit. The answer was no, SP is making its own service kit for it so I will have to have another batch in stock for service work.

I recently went through the Scubapro Technician course being held locally last month. The rep talked about the new MK21 quite extensively. The MK21 is similar, but not identical to the MK25. There are a few small differences such as the piston is smaller, there is only one o-ring on the piston, and there is no rotating turret. One head had four ports on it, and the optional one has a fifth port that is directly out the bottom for technical divers hose routing on doubles. As a technician the most important question I had was if it is similar to the 25 will it use the same service kit. The answer was no, SP is making its own service kit for it so I will have to have another batch in stock for service work.

Any idea whether this will be a standard seat or another unique (proprietary) seat?

If I remember correctly from the Tech course I did at DEMA, it has the same seat as the MK25. I would need to look at the exploded diagram I have (at the shop, of course) to tell you for 100%.

It's the same HP seat 10.101.161 for the MK21 as for the MK20 - 25

---------- Post added April 21st, 2014 at 06:22 PM ----------

Candiru, if the schematics help you in your decision making, pm me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom