Storing regulator in a regulator bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hory

Contributor
Reaction score
Am curious why regs need to be stored in a regulator bag. I've always kept mine coiled in a rubbermaid container along with all my other gear. Any thoughts?

Hory

Good one Lu....liked it !!!

Actually I think its best to store the reg and hoses stretched out but without any constant weight on the first stage or any part actually. Put up some pegs and drape it carefully.
just a thought
rich
(dang package hasnt shown up yet lu)

I store my regs laid out flat, in a drawer or footlocker.

I have never figured out what good the regulator bags are. Especially since the airlines limit you to 2 carryon pieces of luggage, and you are definitely not going to waste one of those credits on a regulator bag.

IndigoBlue:
I store my regs laid out flat, in a drawer or footlocker.

I have never figured out what good the regulator bags are. Especially since the airlines limit you to 2 carryon pieces of luggage, and you are definitely not going to waste one of those credits on a regulator bag.

Actually, that's about the only time I really do use my reg bag, is for travel. It's a extra padding, it helps keep the regs from taking over, and it's often good for a smile when the security person sees it go through the x-ray machine and they get that 'puzzled' look.

Now if the airlines only allow two bags as carry on, then I can put one bag inside the other and it doesn't count as two any more. Now what's the sense in that? I hang mine on the BC hangar in my closet out of the sun. and pack it in my carry on baggage when I travel. Also medical equipment doea not count as a "bag" go figure.

glbirch:
Actually, that's about the only time I really do use my reg bag, is for travel. It's a extra padding, it helps keep the regs from taking over, and it's often good for a smile when the security person sees it go through the x-ray machine and they get that 'puzzled' look.

I use a carry-on bag with wheels. It barely fits into the sizing box at the airport.

It is large enough to hold my fins, masks inside fin foot pockets, mask defogger, snorkel (detached) with keeper attached, booties, computers inside booties, Zeagle B/C (disassembled and rolled up), safety sausage, 50 ft reel for deep safety stop during drift diving, metal mirror and whistle as safety gear, AND my regulator rolled up.

My 2nd carry-on item is usually a small duffel bag containing my dive skins, swimsuits, snacks (usually crackers) & water bottle, bug repellant, shaving bag, transistor radio with headphones, earplugs, book, and one change of clothing in case my checked luggage is lost by the airlines (again).

I can see using the regulator bag as additional cushion inside the duffel or inside checked luggage. However I have never needed a regulator bag, since it is too bulky and rigid to be packed inside my carry-on bag.

The Akona bag which probably has a 100% mark-up is 13" square and very soft. Fits nicely into carry-on and protects the regs for the duration of the trip. I don't like to leave them in there too long as it really does coil the hoses tight.

Back
Top Bottom