New Diver - Which regulator to get? Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nanajinbi

New
Reaction score
I'm a new diver and am looking at purchasing my own regulator. My dive master from my class owns a scuba shop nearby and recommends either the Aeris Ion or Atomic B2. Any thoughts as to what's a better choice for someone just starting off, not knowing exactly how often I will be diving in the future?

Zeagle.

or possible EDGE EPIC 2012 (Same company as HOG, just their rec line). Every experienced diver who's looked at it, including a few who pulled the cover said that it's a winner. Add in an octo and you're still money ahead. Let me guess, the DM sells Aeris and Atomic?

Steve

Scubapro.

---------- Post added July 8th, 2014 at 08:22 PM ----------

Shrimp-Town. A fine regulator.

Yep. I have one, nice reg at a great price.

I'm a Zeagle fan... own two.

Between those two, the B2 for sure.

I'd love to own one, but out of my price range. Excellent regulator...

Scubapro.

Scubapro makes fine regs... I have 4.

But.... everyone should have one of these:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

kraken1.jpg

I am lusting after that reg.... sadly, if one appeared in the mail, my wife would likely kick me to the curb (I have way to many regulators already).

Seriously, if you are dead set on either the Aeris or Atomic, I'd choose the Atomic.... but only after I bought a Kraken!

Best wishes.

---------- Post added July 8th, 2014 at 09:07 PM ----------

or possible EDGE EPIC 2012 (Same company as HOG, just their rec line). Every experienced diver who's looked at it, including a few who pulled the cover said that it's a winner. Add in an octo and you're still money ahead. Let me guess, the DM sells Aeris and Atomic?

Steve

Yes, the DM sells Aeris and Atomic and my father and I really want to give him the business and the money isn't the BIGGEST issue but we want to get the most out of our money and not be spending thousands and thousands of dollars to begin with. The DM is giving us discounts on either one so they are reasonable. My father and I don't plan on any advanced certifications; mostly planning on guided 50-60 ft dives to begin with. With other research I've done both regs seem fine to use for what we want.

Atomic's reputation for easy, factory-direct service and support could be the deciding factor if you're equally happy with both regs. If you have a problem and don't feel like going through an Atomic dealer, you can call the factory up direct for either service (will not be cheap, but will result in a reg that's looking and breathing almost the same as when it went out the door) or warranty support (will be responsive and free it it's a warranty issue, in my experience).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom