Preventing Flooding a DIN first stage when soaking and rinsing the regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone have recommendations on how to prevent water from entering the first stage of a DIN regulator when soaking and rising it other than doing it with the regulator pressurized on a tank please? The rubber DIN cover that comes with it doesn't seem to seal properly so I sometimes find water drops in the air inlet of the FS. I bought a third party DIN cover but it wasn't much better either. I usually let my regulator soak in fresh water after use.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned nothing beats a soak in lukewarm water whilst pressurised from a tank.
When I can't achieve that I use a screw on delrin cap and ensure that the o ring is properly seated before immersing.

The cap needs to have the center bored out so the o-ring can seat properly. Typically the delrin caps seal tightly, and the injection molded ones do not.

I bought a third party DIN cover but it wasn't much better either. I usually let my regulator soak in fresh water after use.

Similar to bergersau, I also use the delrin cap and got it from dive gear express. The delrin cap contains an o-ring to seal on the DIN connector. However, I prefer to pressurize with my pony bottle for long soaks.

Similar to bergersau, I also use the delrin cap and got it from dive gear express. The delrin cap contains an o-ring to seal on the DIN connector. However, I prefer to pressurize with my pony bottle for long soaks.

Do you mean that the cap has an o'ring or it seals on the DIN o'ring in the FS?

Why risk damage when you already know the answer? They are called dust caps for a reason, not water caps. A quick rinse with a dust cap on is fine. Soaking should never be done except when pressurized or in the ultrasonic when being serviced.

+1 for the delrin caps. If closed all the way, the O ring makes contact with the cap, creating a proper seal. No way for any water to get in.

Here is a video from my instructor: [video=youtube;LRmdT-3i1rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRmdT-3i1rs[/video]
You can fast forward to 4:05

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom