Halcyon Aura Vs Atomic Z2 Regulators. Assistance with decision.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pawlu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the choice without additional cost of either getting setup with a Halycon H-75P first stage and a Halo/Aura for the second stages or an Atomic Z2 setup (first/second stage).

Thoughts? The H-75P has a 360 swivel turret cap which I like.

Thanks

What is the difference between H-75P + Halo and Scubapro Mk 25 + G260?
And which is cheaper?

My understanding is that Halcyon got SP to make its branded regs. Atomic for purposes of customer service and slightly more refined reg design would be my suggestion, especially if you're considering paying the H tax for a SP reg. But either one will do just fine.

What is the difference between H-75P + Halo and Scubapro Mk 25 + G260?
And which is cheaper?
The halo is a g250v, not a g260.

Internally the guts of a mk25 and a h75 are the same. I would expect identical performance from both.

That said, for the OP, I would look at a mk17 or the other halcyon 1st (I forget the numbers) since you live in canada. Sealed diaphragms do better in cold water apparently.

The halo is a g250v, not a g260.

Internally the guts of a mk25 and a h75 are the same. I would expect identical performance from both.

That said, for the OP, I would look at a mk17 or the other halcyon 1st (I forget the numbers) since you live in canada. Sealed diaphragms do better in cold water apparently.
G250 is NO longer in production.
As between Mk25 and H75, I would go for the cheaper one.
As for sealed diaphragm reg I would go for Apeks, DS4, DST, FSR and FST. DST has turret(4LP and 2 HP).

All these regs are meant to be cold water rated... So it os really scuba pro vs Atomics..

G250 is NO longer in production.
As between Mk25 and H75, I would go for the cheaper one.
As for sealed diaphragm reg I would go for Apeks, DS4, DST, FSR and FST. DST has turret(4LP and 2 HP).
Well the halo isn't a g260, it's a 250v. So it's at least being made for halcyon still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom