Atomic T2x service - lever arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUILUK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could anyone tell me what colour the lever arm is inside their T2x? I'm sure mine were silver in colour but I've just had my regs back from a service and the purge was sticking so of course I took a look inside. The lever arms are now gold / brass colour. I thought I 'd just ask you guys before going back to the service tech.

Any thoughts.

There's a graphic of one here: Atomic Aquatics Second Stage Regulator Design

Capture.JPG

Looks gold/brass colored.

All Atomic products use the same Titanium lever also. Atomic Aquatics Regulator Systems Comparison Chart

diver steve is mistaken, though it's not surprising he'd think that because the info is buried in the details on AA's site. Your reg came back with an upgraded "magnum" lever that's supposed to be standard in the T2x/T3; I have added them to some of my M1 seconds. The gold coating is some kind of anti-friction/anti-oxidation coating that gives lower work of breathing via less friction.

From the AA T2x page: "A new high-flow second stage case and magnum lever design that significantly lowers breathing effort at any depth from shallow water to beyond the limits"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom