HP hose of 150 cm, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
I use HP gage hoses as filling hoses on my compressor. I need a length of 1.5m, one end UNF 7/16 male, one end UNF 7/16 female, just like regular HP hoses. I can not find a dealer selling them.

Miflex will make them to measure but only at a minimum quantity of 50 pcs. I only need 7 of them.

Thank for your help.

why are you using them on your compressor? The rest of the world uses 1/4" NPT hoses with fill adapters on the end. Much faster fill because the HP hoses have almost no volumetric flow capability. For all of those you can at least go to a hydraulic company and get the hoses custom made. That is really a flat out dangerous idea for your compressor if you're using standard HP hoses with the pinhole size opening.

I like using the same hoses on the dive gear as on the compressor, so I only need one type of spare hose. I drill the hose to 1 mm, no restriction anymore.

The fact that no one else does so has no importance to me. I do so and I am very happy with it.

The hydraulic hoses are less flexible than the (newer style of) dive HP hoses, so I prefer dive HP hoses. I have 6 of them in use, I bought them years ago. Now I added 6 filling manifolds and need more hoses. My recent dealer does not sell them anymore.

ok, so drilling them out makes a lot more sense. With that restriction is a little terrifying though. Even still, you should just be able to go to a hydraulic company and get them to make a custom hose. Show them the HP hose that you want to replicate and they can probably find the same type of hose, and put fittings on there for you. Parker EZ-flex and Goodyear Armorcoat are really flexible hoses and any hydraulic shop can get the UNF fittings standard so no drilling

I sent an email to XS Scuba asking if they can get the DuoKev made to measure. Thanks for the link.

Miflex makes longer versions on a minimum quantity of 50, that's to much for me.

Don't hesitate to give me more dive gear manufacturer which might have a 150 cm hose.

If I don't find a 150cm diving hose I will try the industrial way, thank's for this information as well.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom