Current model Conshelf questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
The venerable USD Conshelf 14 is still in the "Military and Professional" section of the Aqualung catalog.
Recently there have been a few "new-in the box" units floating around and I am waiting for one to arrive that I bought a few days ago.
It is obviously late manufacture, swept back exhaust tee, adjustment port on second stage and 4 LP port first stage, however it has a shiny chrome finish so maybe it is a few years old!
Maybe someone else has acquired one of these late models Conshelfs and would know the answer to this question.
It has a "comfobite" mouthpiece- does that mean that the mouthpiece orifice is the same size as the other new Aqualung regs (larger than the older Conshelf's)?
Any other comments or observations would be appreciated.
Cheers

The only Conshelf I know of that was satin chrome was the 20......the PRO and Royal spaceships were also satin but I believe the 30 was shiny (the 30 second stage had a black painted purge cover on a chrome body).
I also believe the mouthpiece tube to be the "normal" size on the new(er) 2nds, same as the originals.

The only Conshelf I know of that was satin chrome was the 20......the PRO and Royal spaceships were also satin but I believe the 30 was shiny (the 30 second stage had a black painted purge cover on a chrome body).
I also believe the mouthpiece tube to be the "normal" size on the new(er) 2nds, same as the originals.

Thanks Fishpie

The first stages are still shiny chrome but the current second stage is satin in the catalogs. The one I just bought is a shiny second stage and the yoke appears to be marked "232 BAR Maximum"- which means it was made sometime after 2005.
The standard aqualung comfobite mouthpiece fits on all current Aqualung and Apeks regs but is way too large (mouthpiece tube size) for my older Conshelf XIV (1980 vintage), so if the current Connies fit the standard comfobite then they must have the larger mouthpiece orifice and that should be good for breathing performance?

All will be revealed on Friday afternoon when it arrives (hopefully)!

I will be surprised if the mouthpiece tube is any different from prior models. I also doubt there would be any discernible differences at sport diving depths either way. The only one of this last of the line models I have seen I am pretty sure the tube was standard size, but that was not my interest at the time so I did not pay much attention.

N

Back
Top Bottom