Ability to swap 1st mounts on Apeks (DIN/Yoke)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trance

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I tried searching online but not finding much(perhaps it's my wording)...

Scenario:
(2)- 2013 update Apeks XTX 200s (1 DIN, 1 Yoke)
(1)- 2013 update Apeks XTX 50 ( Yoke )

Can the yoke from the 50 be swapped to the DIN 200 and vice versa at a servicer? I ask this because I'd like to have my DIN on my pony(XTX50) and have matching regs for side mounts... Plus half my tanks are yoke only at the moment.

Thanks,
-Trance

Yes.
All Apeks 1st stages use the same size yoke/DIN fittings.......although the chrome finish might not match depending on the model.

OK great! I believe the finish should match between the 50/200. The 100 is more of a matte aluminum finish.

Don't mix-match finishes or the Scuba-Fashion Police will get you!
:ppd:

if you're halfway mechanically inclined you can do it yourself.... 12 point socket in 1/4" drive *can't remember what size*, to pop the yoke out, then whatever open ended wrench for the Din and you're good to go. Couple allen wrenches.

They come out very easily. an inch-lb torque wrench is helpful, Harbor Freight has them for very cheap.
http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/apeks/
any of the first stage manuals will have instructions for how to remove and replace yoke/din.

Your LDS might actually swap them out for free, it only takes them 30 seconds and doesn't have to go through service to do it.

tbone,
Actually a 3/4" box end wrench will do just fine for the yoke, and 6mm hex wrench for the DIN--unless, of course, one is into torque settings. Allowing 5 minutes will give you time for coffee.

I think 19mm would make the brits happier, but yes you can get it out with a 12pt box end wrench, the key here is it has to be a 12pt otherwise the OD of the wrench is too large. For tightening you get it to "snug", as soon as you feel any resistance, stop.

edit: interesting just looked at the new manual, it does state a 3/4" box wrench which is new, and there are no torque specs for the yoke....

Thanks for the replies. I swung in my LDS today and they said it is easily done. They'll do it for me, and they treat me really well. My other 200 and 50 should arrive next week and I'll get them swapped out then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom