light weight decent regs for the GF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bracko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi all,

If this gets posted every week, forgive me, I've been through a few pages and can't see much.

I'm looking for a light weight, tropical water, yet good quality set of regs for my girlfriend. i would love to buy her and I matching MK25's or Omega 3's but honestly... she doesn't like the cold, she won't dive in terrible conditions or temps less than 23degC so there's little point buying something bullet proof that will never even face a pea-shooter, oh and I can't afford 2 sets of regs that I want :(. so... I'll stick with my regs, but I'm wanting something nice, light, travel friendly... but zero compromise on quality.

I believe there was/is?? an APEX reg that fitted the bill nicely but my dive store doesn't stock them any more and i haven't properly discussed with others on whether they were no good, or they just don't stock it anymore.

oh... and they need to be in Sydney, Australia, in my hot little hands for wrapping by the 18th of November when we depart for the GBR

Any Aqualung dealers nearby?

Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Personal and Professional Use - Mikron Yoke US$495.00, DIN US$515.00

The Mikron is the smallest and lightest weight regulator in the Aqua Lung line. Weighing in at just 26 oz. (din) and 31 oz. (yoke), this regulator is perfect for the travelling diver. Even more amazing is the performance is not sacrificed by the extreme compactness of the regulator. Its balanced first and second stages produce excellent breathing performance.

This product qualifies for Free Parts for Life

+1 for the Aqualung Micra... you can find them on Ebay for $100 or less. I still have one... great little regs.

Brako-

Aqualung Titan LX 1st and 2nd...small, huge bang for the buck, and bulletproof. Breaths great, and easy to get parts /service. I STRONGLY suggest taking a look at them.

Bubs

despite not diving in the cold, the other benefit of the sealed regulators is they don't have salt buildup inside of the first stage, so they are easier to keep clean....

I know they aren't out there, but look at the Edge regulators. They are super cheap, easy to fix yourself, and I know some of the shops here have no problem shipping over seas. You can get a new first and pair of seconds for like $350, and then chose console of your choice. They also come in Pink.

Other option since you like your scubapros.

A company called Tabata makes all of SP's regulators for them. People here know Tabata as Tusa, they also make quite a few regs for various other companies. Check for a tusa dealer in your area, the RS790 should be worth looking at and is usually quite a bit cheaper than the ScubaPro counterparts.

Hard to go past the Aqualung Titan from LP at $224. I have been using one for the last few months and it's light, compact, comfortable and breathes as good as anything I've used for a long while

Back
Top Bottom