Connecting a Scubapro Air 2 to the Zeagle detachable inflator "Garden hose" style

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there an adaptor for the zeagle garden hose style connector from the corrugated hose to the Scuba Pro Air 2? or is only option to pull the garden hose adaptor off the Zeagle and zip tie the Air 2 directly to the corrugated hose?

I have never seen or heard of of an adapter like this. Could be difficult to engineer. Hard on one end for Male threads and soft on the other to attach to the Air 2. If you want an Air 2 type inflator with the hose thread connector you will probably have to go to an Atomic SS1 or the Zeagle Octo Z which use the hose thread type connector.

If you want to use the Air 2 you will have to connect it directly to the corrugated hose.

The Garden hose connectors are great for rinsing bladders.

I think you might be able to adapted these with standard garden hose fitting but there are a few problems. You would have to use a male hose to 1" tube adapter to connect the Zeagle hose connector to short piece to tubing. The tubing could then connect to the AIR II. The problem is that only 1" adapters I found are female ended so you would also need a male to male adapter. One of the other problems I see is that the Zeagle uses an O-ring to seal the connection so the male to male adaptor would have to have the same inside diameter and have enough depth. You would also be introducing two new potential failure points (tubing connections). I don't think it would be a good idea but it might work.

IMG_4495.jpgIMG_4496.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom