Question about ATX 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EbbTideMike

Registered
Reaction score
I just picked up a used ATX50 and ATX40 octo. It was from my local dive shop and I actually rented it back in September so I felt comfortable purchasing it.

I put the 50 in mouth to see if I wanted to change out the mouthpiece and I couldn't exhale. After enough force I was able to and each time after I could exhale normally. What would make this stick? The octo works as expected

Silicone exhaust valve was temporally dried stuck......no worries, give it a good clean/ soak.

the exhalation diaphragm was stuck. Very common for them to stick if they have been used in chlorine pools without being properly rinsed.

Next time you bring it in for service just ask them to replace the diaphragms, they're like $5 and $10 I think for exhalation and inhalation.

It is not unusual for the exhaust diaphragm to stick if used in salt water. Usually, a HARD exhale will free it. If not, you can access it by opening the small trap door on the rear of the stage. There is a small catch inside on the right side (positioned as you would use it). There should be no reason to replace the inhalation diaphragm.

Back
Top Bottom