Old MK 2 Scubapro Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mick allein III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an old 2LP Port SP MK2 regulator. Anyone have a the schematics for it. Thanks much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an old 2LP Port SP MK2 regulator. Anyone have a the schematics for it. Thanks much.

Basically, it should be the same as the current Mk2 except the the yoke nut is probably female threading rather than the current male threading. This, of course, makes quite a difference in the body configuration and eliminates an o-ring. The main spring, piston, and associated o-rings should be the same. I have an older Mk3 with that old 2-LP port configuration that makes a living on my pony bottle.

awap most helpful. Do you use trilube christolube? Or is there a cheaper alternative? This is looking at pool service or a pony.

awap most helpful. Do you use trilube christolube? Or is there a cheaper alternative? This is looking at pool service or a pony.

I use Tribolube but silicone should work fine with air.

I have a very old Mk2 (female thread yoke nut) that hangs in my garage attached to a 30 cu ft tank. It has been used primarily for inflating tires and air cleaning parts for the past several decades, but I would not hesitate to dive with it. Clean as a whistle. The tire valve attachments had to be replaced, but not the regulator. Rebuilt only once with new o rings about 10 years ago. It really didn't seem to need anything, really. Perfect.

This has the o-ring sizes annotated onto the diagram. Note item 8 does not exist on all MK2 first stages.

Attachments

• MK2 annotated.pdf
    76.7 KB · Views: 60
Thanks all. Most helpful. Where do you all get your replacement o rings or do you just use a newer mk2 Kit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom