How do you store your regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BPaith

Registered
Reaction score
I currently have my regulators stored in a small backpack. It's a travel sized pack. The hoses are coiled up (not very tightly) inside the pack, but I am starting to wonder (I should have wondered this first) if storing the hoses coiled is a bad idea? Any suggestions? I didn't want the regs to get damaged in my large Oceanic bag, so that's why they're in a smaller bag.

wouldn't worry about it. As long as they aren't kinked they'll be fine. In a backpack they're probably less coiled than most of ours in the reg bags or bottom of milk crates. On stage bottles, sidemount bottles, deco bottles, etc the hoses are bent pretty tight to stow on the bottle itself, the SPG hose is often bent back on itself in a quite tight radius and tied up there. The hoses are pretty durable, I wouldn't be concerned

wouldn't worry about it. As long as they aren't kinked they'll be fine. In a backpack they're probably less coiled than most of ours in the reg bags or bottom of milk crates. On stage bottles, sidemount bottles, deco bottles, etc the hoses are bent pretty tight to stow on the bottle itself, the SPG hose is often bent back on itself in a quite tight radius and tied up there. The hoses are pretty durable, I wouldn't be concerned

Awesome! Thank you - that makes me feel much better. I have no idea why I worried about it so much. Inexperience I guess.

no worries, many new divers are astonished when they dive with tech divers for the first time and find all of our gear thrown in rubbermaids and milk crates. They're quite durable things

no worries, many new divers are astonished when they dive with tech divers for the first time and find all of our gear thrown in rubbermaids and milk crates. They're quite durable things

I store mine (8 sets) 2 ways......

1. Carefully washed in dettol, rinsed in purified water, hand dried, coiled and hung on a chamois with soft music playing or,
2. Lying at the bottom of a Rubbermaid bin.....more common [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I store mine (8 sets) 2 ways......

1. Carefully washed in dettol, rinsed in purified water, hand dried, coiled and hung on a chamois with soft music playing or,
2. Lying at the bottom of a Rubbermaid bin.....more common [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read your #1 and thought "holy crap, i've been doing this incredibly wrong"......and then read your #2.

Yeah, what they said. I normally let mine air-dry after a fresh-water soak (if diving salt water, which is rare for me now). After they're all fully dried, they all go into padded reg bags (because I have them) in my "giant tote o' scuba crap." I've been severely tempted to move purely to milk crates, but it just means carrying more stuff....so I'm sticking with my 85# "giant tote o' scuba crap."

One thing on some braided hoses is that they will tend to take a set if left coiled too long. Those are better to be hung up or coiled very loosely. I don't use them for that reason as well as a few others. Had a 40 inch on a deco bottle and it was just a PIA the way it took a set and would not lay right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom