Scuba half mask design

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest you do some research into "dead space" and carbon dioxide build-up.

You might want to look at how gas is routed around the oro-nasal pocket in a full face mask for clues.

Also, is your proposal for two of these devices to be supplied from a single low pressure interstage hose? I can't quite tell from the illustration. If so then, is your idea to enable two divers to breath simultaneously in an emergency? That is unlikely to work.

PS outside of technical diving it is unlikely that divers will be using pure oxygen. Compressed air or nitrox (compressed air with extra oxygen added) is much more likely.

Maybe rethink the "easily share oxygen" :wink:

The link to your image doesn't work for me.

Yes, that was one of my ideas, why wouldn't the two devices work on one interstage hose? I am no expert on diving equipment so I would love to learn more about how to make this work, or if it wont, I could remove that feature.

Thanks for the critique, I will take a more in depth look at the way full face masks work. Do you think this half face mask could work?

Yes, that was one of my ideas, why wouldn't the two devices work on one interstage hose? I am no expert on diving equipment so I would love to learn more about how to make this work, or if it wont, I could remove that feature.

Thanks for the critique, I will take a more in depth look at the way full face masks work. Do you think this half face mask could work?

Keep in mind that I was being sarcastic. You are much better to say, share air than share oxygen. oxygen is only used at fairly shallow depths by decompression divers that use it to accelerate their decompression obligation.

I have no idea if two divers can adequately breath off of one LP port on the first stage, but the real question is why?

Most first stage regulators are going to have at least 4 LP ports available. The real trend is toward a longer hose for donation to an out of air diver, not a shorter one. You really would not want to donate to a diver and only have a foot or two of hose length between you.

Noooon working link....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom