Experiences with Aqua Lung Titan LX Supreme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThePetiteRunner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Good morning Scuba Board!

I beseech your guidance and experience again in putting together my dive kit. I'm currently shopping for a regulator and octopus as well, and was wondering what your experiences have been with the AL Titan. I'm leaning towards it versus the AL Legend which seems to have a few more bells and whistles (with a substantial spike in price). For your reference, I'm going to be diving warm water (Cozumel in June) and locally, in Monterey or on the California coast. I will most likely not be diving in waters cold enough to require a dry suit. I'm not looking for a super low end model that I'll regret, nor do I *need* a super techy, top of the line model for which my limited experience will not give me a true appreciation for.

I am a bit biased towards Aqua Lung (I have a couple of wet suits and just picked up a BC from them), but I am open to other brands/options if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Happy diving,

Cathy

I have dove the Titan and it's a nice reg, easy breather. I see the Titan is $500.00 and the Legend LX Supreme is $735.00, my advise is spend the extra $235.00, in the long run you will be glad you did. JMHO.

There are a few new Titan LXs on eBay in the $350 range.

I have never dived a Legend LX Surpreme, I just serviced quite a lot of Legends, the last LX, model 2014, last week.

Excellent regulators, for me the best diaphragm 1sts on the market. Good components, easy to service, HP seats like a lot of the Mares regs (not like the APEKS, so they are much cheaper),spare part prices very reasonable.

Balancing very good, dynamic IP extremely close to static IP.

The 2nds are very strong, they are very easy breather, their adjustment to that easiness might be only limited by their case geometry fault.

If well adjusted, I think you can dive any profile with this reg.

If you treat it right, it could be easily your last reg of your dive career.:)

We bought Titans as our first regs, and it was a good decision, and they are still in use. It's a very solid regulator at a very reasonable price point, and the brand is a widely distributed one, so it's not difficult to find service for it.

My wife has a titan and it works great. I have 4 legends. 3 old style for my doubles and deco/stage, and a new style for vacation/single tank diving. you can't go wrong with either. Also look at the glacia. Same reg as the legend and there are quite a few NOS on ebay recently.

I have both the Legend LX and the Titan LX. Well, shhhh, my wife has the Legend, I only the lowly Titan LX. Let me put you in on a little secret, there is no difference in performance whatsoever. The first stage is essentially the same parts in different package and the second stages are the same save for the adjustment knob. The adjustment knob is a PITA as it always jams up requiring me to take it apart and clean it. But, my wife tends to drag the things around (walking on the beach) and fill it with sand, poor thing. Oh, I do like the ACD and it works fine and it is not a failure point nor could it be.

N

My wife and I have Titan. A friens has the legend. If you do not plan to venture in extremely cold water and/or lower than 120 feet, they both do the same, excellent, job.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I spent some time with my local dive shop and the owner there basically said they perform almost exactly the same. Though the Legend will breathe a little easier, he said that I may not notice the difference in performance. Like I said earlier, unless there is a truly compelling reason for me to spend an extra couple of hundred bucks, I'd rather put that towards another part of my kit.

I asked the same questions a few weeks ago and got lots of positive responses:

Aqualung Titan LX Supreme - good reg? good price?

Apparently AL is switching the name to "Core", which is why there are good prices for the Titan LX Supreme now. I ended up buying one for $285 from my LDS. Added an ABS octo and SPG, but haven't had a chance to dive with it yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom