mk10 first stage with a700second stage... Good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Good idea?

I have a scubapro mk10 first stage with a scubapro BA156 second stage. I also have a scubapro a700 second stage that I want to add to the the setup. For when I'm not using my air2 BC. Is the a700 & mk10 setup a viable safe combo with the BA156 as the BU octo reg?

Ive vey been using the old tried combination with the air2 because I wasn't sure about the new 2nd with the old 1st. I'm ready to start using the a700, and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Can an I combine these parts with no problems?

Yes you can pair these parts without any problems. The recommended intermediate pressure of all Scubapro regulators is the same.

thanks! I just didn't know if the specs had changed through the years. There are almost 30 years between the various components.

thanks! I just didn't know if the specs had changed through the years. There are almost 30 years between the various components.

Most regulators you can mix and match (Poseidon's are different). The usual spec is 135 +/- 10.

Is there any place inland to dive in LA? I am in Ruston at the moment.

there are some clear spring fed lakes in north LA but they are all on private land. There's tons of 6" visibility diving if you're into that. Lol, and a big offshore crowd. But that's all that I know of. If you find somewhere keep us informed. I went to vortex springs for my checkouts, 5hours away.

Thanks for the info. I will be pairing up the MK10, A700 & BA156 some time next week. I'll update the post then. Maybe with pictures .. The a700 is an eBay pickup that I'm waiting on to arrive. .
imagejpeg
imagejpeg
imagejpeg

30 years but the same technology and parts are inside your A700 and your 156. Please let us know if you can sense any difference in performance of the two.

There are some clear water spring in north LA but all on private land. There's plenty of offshore diving and 6" visibility inland diving. Lol .let me know if you find something. I just came back from Vortex Springs to do my checkouts.

I'll add some pics of the setup now. Minus the a700 which I will add next week.

Last edited:
so why do they suggest pairing the a700 and s600 with the MK25 if all of the first stages preform the same? even ones made in the 70-80s. what makes the Mk25 "better"?

r.jpgs.jpghere's the a700 that i picked up off of ebay, it was $225 i feel like i got a lot of reg for the money. it will go on my current setup as the primary reg when it comes in. after a service and polish.

Back
Top Bottom