What is a good price for an antique 2 hose reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a4lod

Reaction score
My parents are going to an antique sale and I told them that if they see any old double hose regs to grab it for me. Only problem is that I have no clue what one of these things is worth. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I know if it works, it is considered more valuable and obviously the condition it is in is another factor. Does the manufacturer name matter? Please help. Thanks.

Try www.vintagescubasupply.com for prices on refurbished vintage regulators. Prices are probably higher than one's you will see on E-bay, but these things are supposed to be working units-I've E-mailed Dan Barringer there a couple of times and he has been helpful in my hunt for old scuba stuff.

Good Luck, Tim

a4lod:
My parents are going to an antique sale and I told them that if they see any old double hose regs to grab it for me. Only problem is that I have no clue what one of these things is worth. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I know if it works, it is considered more valuable and obviously the condition it is in is another factor. Does the manufacturer name matter? Please help. Thanks.

I've picked an AquaMaster (body only - no mouthpiece/hoses) up off eBay for less than $60 - but it needs pretty much everything replaced on it. Slow work in progress. Assume that you'll NEVER see a second hand one in diveable condition unless it is specifically being sold as such having been recently restored.

Most on eBay seem to go in the $200-$300 range depending on the condition - most are being bought as wall hangers. If you want a diveable reg, either buy one from a restorer, or be prepared to spend to restore it - lots of the regs on eBay have shot hoses and duckbill valves that would need replacing at a minimum.

Plan on a serviceable DA Aquamaster in ready to dive condition with a nice unchipped or corroded label, chrome in great condition, a new mouthpiece, and new hoses being worth about $400 and then start subtracting until you get qown to what you are buying.

Hoses are about $75.00 per set and a mouthpiece is $40.00 A new duckbill exhaust valve is $10 to $15. A new HP seat runs around $30 as does a diaphragm but both can be hard to find. It does not take long to spend a lot of money getting one back into diveable condition.

A good price for a good wall hangar that looks intact with all the major parts accounted for is probably $150 and you can normally restore it for less than you could buy one already rebuilt on-line. Sometimes you get lucky and they work and hoses and mouthpiece aren't too far gone to use and you can restore it for little or nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom