Reg Decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toolbox-13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
It's time to get a new Reg and I think I got it down to 2 the Genesis GS2000 or the Mares Proton Metal anyone dive either of these to let me know how you like them or dislike them Thanks

The genesis is not all too common, and Mares is usually pretty good. Haven't used with though.

My buddy has the Mares and I have the Proton Ice.....He loves it. It was hard to change from the Sherwood I had to the Ice but I like that one too. I would go with the Mares.

Stay with the dependable basics: ScubaPro, Apeks, Aqualung. You'll be glad you did.

theskull

I'd go with Mares. The proton metal is a new reg, but if it follows the rep of the proton ice, it's a very nice reg. Personally, I'd get an abyss over a proton metal, mainly because I like the full size reg, and the abyss is a renouned performer. You can also get it cheaper than the proton ice....check out www.diversdirect.com, or www.scubatoys.com

Just Bought the V16 Proton metal/proton octo, havn't dived with it yet but I hope I made the right choice too. I was swayed my it's commonality.

If you don't care about the metal - you can get the v16 proton in plastic for under 200 bucks... I don't really feel it's worth the extra 100 or so to go with the metal... but some people prefer it.

The one thing the GS2000 gives you is adjustability - that's a personal preference if you want it - but either way, they are both pretty good regs.

theskull:
Stay with the dependable basics: ScubaPro, Apeks, Aqualung. You'll be glad you did.
theskull
These are my three favorites as well.
Are you back from the sunshine state yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom