Scubapro D400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluce

Registered
Reaction score
Opinions on the Scubapro D400 would be welcomed. I understand that this regulator has good bubbles dispersion for photographers yet is a high-performance reg as well. Just got re-certified after a 25 year hiatus from diving. Sport diving (30 to 80 feet) and photography are my only interests. Coldest water will be in 50's. Thanks...Bob

I have a D350, the immediate predecessor, which I bought new and have been very happy with it. I've never over-breathed it. Same ease of air delivery no matter what depth I've been. Only one free-flow (which I stupidly induced). I do some photography and I've no complaints about bubble dispersion.

I used my instructors own personal D400 for one of my open water check out dives. It breathed very nice and bubble dispersion was pretty good. I didn't like the second stage though. Also it seemed to make a weird mechanical click sound during each breath. Not sure if that is normal or not but it was kind of annoying.

I am new to diving and I was able to pick up a used MK15/D400 for $50 plus another $100 for service. Not knowing what I had, I went to my OW class and saw some of the newer "better looking" regs the other students were diving with and started second guessing myself. After talking to some of the instructors and trying out some of the "better looking" regs, I now know what I have and don't have any plans for a new reg anytime soon. This thing breaths better than any newer reg i have tried so far. Mine doesn't make a mechanical noise while breathing it, but I can hear a little rattle if I shake it outside the water. I was told this is normal.

oops, didn't realize the thread was 3 years old.

dimitrik:
oops, didn't realize the thread was 3 years old.
:lol:
just because you brought this thread back from the dead, and people will most likley read this,
its not abnormal t6o get that mechanical sound...or that rattling sound. (rattling sound is the demand lever)
with alot of patience and the tech being fimilar with the finnekeyness of the d400 that can be worked out.
i personally love mine. (d400 Mk 20)

Diesel298, you may have just made your own best advertisement for a mail-in reg service, if you 'specialize' in getting Scubapro D400 / D350 / D300 second stages 'expertly tuned'.

I've never had the 'click' sound in mine, but the rattle is there. I do like the way it breathes, but since the local area folks quarry dive (I don't) it would be worth it to me to have someone tune it 'perfectly' for warm water use when it's up for routine service later this year.

How's the menu pricing thing coming along? A MS Excel spreadsheet would be the simplest way to start that I think.

built like a tanks.
hardest working reg I've ever had
FRED

Back
Top Bottom