mixing 1st and second stages..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rabbitears

Reaction score
the reg set i bought came with a sherwood octo and a conshelf 21second stage with the first stage being a sherwoods..i just want to make sure that i can mix the 1st and second stage like that..i also have an older scubapro reg set..can i mix the scuba pro second stage with the first stage sherwood?thanks in advance to all those who answer....the boards other bunny

The only thing delivered to the second stage from the first is IP gas - so long as your first stage is delivering the gas within the acceptable operating range for the second stage, brand is irrelevant.
Rick

Any of those combos should work fine... unless someone has done some tinkering to mask a problem. Just check them out BEFORE a dive (like a pool) so you know you won't have a tendency to free flow. All of the secondaries are down flow valves so do not need any other considerations.

of both first and second stage and you make sure everything is connected properly and to the right ports, you shouldn't have a problem.

Checking the reg prior to going into the water, is always a good idea (but it doesn't have anything to do with you question). :wink:

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom