Poseidon Jetstream Reg on a non Poseidon first stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schford

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Coudl any one tell me if it is possible to place a poseidon jet stream reg with it being an up stream design on a non poseidon 1st stage - reason I ask is Girlfriends ocotpus had a slight accident and I have a spare jetstream...

Cheers

Stuart

As long the interstage pressure is between 8.5-9.0 bar on her first stage there should be no problems.

schford:
Hi,

Coudl any one tell me if it is possible to place a poseidon jet stream reg with it being an up stream design on a non poseidon 1st stage - reason I ask is Girlfriends ocotpus had a slight accident and I have a spare jetstream...

Cheers

Stuart

The Jetstream is designed to operate at 10 bar / 145 psi max, which falls within the range of most 1st stages (130-145 psi), so it should work fine. If you had a Cyclon, it would be a different story, as they require bar 12.5 / 170 - 180 psi. Since the Jetstream is an upstream design, make sure the lp hose contains a pressure relief valve in case the 1st stage fails. This will prevent the hose from bursting. If it has a Poseidon hose with the 'odd' size fitting at the 2nd stage end, you should be covered. The jetstream, with its servo-assisted valve, is an excellent breather.

2ndTimeDiver:
The Jetstream is designed to operate at 10 bar / 145 psi max, which falls within the range of most 1st stages (130-145 psi), so it should work fine. If you had a Cyclon, it would be a different story, as they require bar 12.5 / 170 - 180 psi. Since the Jetstream is an upstream design, make sure the lp hose contains a pressure relief valve in case the 1st stage fails. This will prevent the hose from bursting. If it has a Poseidon hose with the 'odd' size fitting at the 2nd stage end, you should be covered. The jetstream, with its servo-assisted valve, is an excellent breather.

I don;t know about this IP. As I recall, Poseidon IP increasesas the tank pressuredecreases and I would think that the second stages function with that in mind. I am sure it would work, but you might be better off spending the minimal amount of money on cheap well performing octo (i.e.- sherwood magnum style)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom