PoseidonTriton Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjeder

New
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a new PoseidonTriton Regulator from a dive shop that will no longer be a Posiedon dealer. I would welcome any feedback on this older model.

While Poseidon makes great regs, this one was never good and successful.
It will keep you alive but there are better choices nowdays, esp. considering the price. But again, I don't know how much you were asked to pay :wink:

Dive Shop is asking @ $400 which includes an octopus.

aquaoren:
While Poseidon makes great regs, this one was never good and successful.
It will keep you alive but there are better choices nowdays, esp. considering the price. But again, I don't know how much you were asked to pay :wink:

Dont buy it. Dove it bought it Students hated it. The distribitor charged me to overhual the new reg. ETC, ETC,
Try a Scuba pro 600 great all around reg.
Or DX 50 0r 100 good regs
Dove the old Posidons there great but not alot of folks like to work on them.
Just my 2 cents

bjeder:
Dive Shop is asking @ $400 which includes an octopus.
Way too much for this reg.
I have a Poseidon Jetstream and a Mares Abyss. Both are good but the Jetstream isn't as nice as more modern regs but still better than many on the market. :wink:
I didn't try the new Xstream but I've heared only good things about it. If it has to be a Poseidon, I'd recommend you look at it.
I can strongly recommend Mares regs from my own experience (Mares Abyss). They make excellent, solid regs which you will be able to service almost all over the world.
They are nice easy breathers and don't need any knobs for adjustment.
I never bought from scubatoys.com but heared here on the board only good things.
Right now they are offering a Mares V16/Proton for less than $200, which would be only half the price for a better reg (without an octopus though).
Now, most of the people would recommend you their own reg brand because it is the best (So did I-Who would admit openly they bought crapp :wink:). I would suggest deciding what level of performance your reg should have and than inform yourself about brands, prices but most important: you should try them out and decide for yourself which one is the right for you.
Don't buy a reg without trying it out just because someone recommended it (Dive shops, most of the time, try to sell you what they have or in this case what they have to get rid of)

Back
Top Bottom