Atomics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New_Scuba_Freak:
I purchased the atomic Z1 and SS1 inflater and octo combo awesome setup really good breathing have been down to 100 ft totally ease of breathing
good for you.
safe diving.

New_Scuba_Freak:
I purchased the atomic Z1 and SS1 inflater and octo combo awesome setup really good breathing have been down to 100 ft totally ease of breathing

I also purchased the same combo and have had really good luck with the regulator but have had problems with my SS1. I have had it free flow on my on 2 separate occasions, one being on my trip to the Bahamas where getting it fixed was out of the question due to warranty issues.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem with there SS1? I have had it in the shop and both times they tell me everything is alright but when I get it back out in the water it seems the problem comes back. I am going to GC in 2 months and want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Any help would be great, thanks.

I gave my wife my t1x set up and bought a M1 and a ss1.

Just got back from Cozumel last week and it took a bit to get used to the ss1. It feels weird in your mouth and does not breathe as good as the regular regs. I got in 15 dives and never had a free flow and had it down to 160 with no problems

I love Atomic regs but it took some time to get use to the ss1.

jnb2b1:
I gave my wife my t1x set up and bought a M1 and a ss1.

Just got back from Cozumel last week and it took a bit to get used to the ss1. It feels weird in your mouth and does not breathe as good as the regular regs. I got in 15 dives and never had a free flow and had it down to 160 with no problems

I love Atomic regs but it took some time to get use to the ss1.

:eyebrow:

I have the M-1 and use a Z-1 second stage, with octo type hose as an Octo! I think it's a great combo! I looked at the SS1 and decided to pass on it. I was more concerned with having to use the SS1, while some other diver is using my primarey in an OOA situation, etc. I don't like what one would have to contend with trying to breath, control ascent, hang on to the other diver and have him that close to me.

To each his own, but I don't think the loss of one hose, is worth the problems associated with these types of backup systems.

Back
Top Bottom