Dacor Pacer XL hard to breath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amadeus00

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had my friends Dacor Pacer XP Reg for about 3 years and it's been used maybe 10 dives at most. Now my gf is certified and wants to use his regulator. The problem is that she finds it hard to breath. The Primary is more diffucult than the octo (both Pacer XP). I've taken the sencond stage apart and everything looks bran new. Is there any adjustments I can make for it to breath easier? I did see a square screw on the oppisite side of where the hose comes in. Any help would be appreciated.

Suggestions for regulators to be used for recreational, tropical, and moderatly priced are welcomed.

The seat is probably set a bit tight... So that will need to be backed off - or the lever height might be wrong. A shop should only clip you about $15.00 to adjust it up - and if you do it wrong, you can cut up the seat with the poppet - So I'd probably suggest you just take it to your local shop, or send it to one - to get fine tuned. At the same time, you may want them to check the IP of the first stage.

Even if it has not been used - a reg should really get an annual checkup. The "haven't been diving for years" reason for no service does not always work out. Keep in mind a lot of the parts are rubber... If your car sat in your diveway for 3 or 4 years, and wasn't driven or started, would you hop in an do a cross county trip without it being checked out? Good chance some of the rubber parts - gaskets, tires, etc could have problems.

Shouldn't really cost much for a quick look - in fact probably free to just check the intermediate pressure and make sure the 1st stage seat is not creeping, and about the fifteen bucks to tune up the second.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom