What's a good light reliable reg to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jazz

Reaction score
Was hoping to get some input on which reg to buy. I have seen the sherwood Maximus, Oceanic Zeta which is quite expensive and scuba pro, which is too big.

Does anyone know of light small regs?

jazz

THe Scubapro Mk 25T and Mk 25SA first stages are a little big but the Scubapro Mk 2 Plus first stage is small and still relatively light. Paired with an R390 second stage it makes a good travel reg for not a lot of money.

Thanks for the suggestion.

But there is so much talk bout Balanced first and second stage I am wonder if I should pamper myself with one. I dive mainly in water waters and don't have monster lungs.;-)
Was think of getting the S600 with MK25 if it's not too expensive.

Jazz

I paid $495 for my Mk25/S600 locally which was a lot to pay at one, but I thought it was worth it. At the time I bought it I would only have saved about three years (at local prices) worth of parts by buying it online. If i had to do over again I would probably go with an Atomic Z1. It breaths just as well if not better, and its about $100 or so cheaper locally (I beleive MSRP is $379).

Jazz:
Was hoping to get some input on which reg to buy. I have seen the sherwood Maximus, Oceanic Zeta which is quite expensive and scuba pro, which is too big.

jazz
i use an atomic b-2 the best reg. ive ever used

Jazz:
Thanks for the suggestion.

But there is so much talk bout Balanced first and second stage I am wonder if I should pamper myself with one. I dive mainly in water waters and don't have monster lungs.;-)
Was think of getting the S600 with MK25 if it's not too expensive.

Jazz

Just remember it is life support equipment, so its likely the last piece of equipment you want to skimp on. Also, the weight of the mouth piece can be decreased with a proper mouthpiece that works for you....

rescuediver009:
Just remember it is life support equipment, so its likely the last piece of equipment you want to skimp on. Also, the weight of the mouth piece can be decreased with a proper mouthpiece that works for you....

Just out of curiosity, what brands of regulators would you NOT use? They being life support equipment and all.

Jazz:

jazz
yes,the scubapro mk25 titanium or the atomic t1x,both very small and not heavy at all.peace

garyfotodiver:
Just out of curiosity, what brands of regulators would you NOT use? They being life support equipment and all.

Two kinds....

the one that is too expensive and complicated for the kind or amount of diving you will be doing. (i.e.- Apeks ATX200 if you are diving warm water and never going deeper than 60 ft. when an ATx40 will feel and peroform close to the same)

Secondly, the one that is at the bottom of theline of some companies, but not all. Or companies that you or your friends never heard of. Sherwood Brut is one that would not recommend to anyone divin outside a pool.

If you go into a shop that is showcasing this reg most heavily and trying to sell it to you. I would think twice.
I am however by no means the definitive answer for "the right reg" Nor is anyone else, because like masks the best one for me in not the best for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom