Need some regulator help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyTop

Registered
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting the scuba pro mk25/s600 regulator. It seems to get pretty high praise here.

As for the kind of diving I plan on doing. I will be doing all rec diving in warm water. The majority of my diving will be in local quarries during the summer months. I will take a warm weather vacation once a year and do some diving then.

60-90 feet of water will probably be as deep as i ever intend to dive.

Based on the above info, is the mk25/s600 a good decision. I just want to make sure I get what I need now and not have to upgrade later. I am not looking for overkill either.

If SP has a cheaper line that will still fit my needs, then Im all for saving a few bucks as well.

Let me know what you think.

I love my Mk25 S600. You cannot go wrong with the performance it delivers as well as it can be serviced most anywhere you go if problems do arise while you are abroad.

A Mk 16 S550, Mk 16 R390 or MK 16 R190 would also fill the bill for less money than a Mk 25 S600.

For that matter a Mk 25 G250 would give as good as or even a bit better performance for less money (but with a larger second stage).

I would agree with DA, you can get just as good of a breathing rate with a non-adjustable secondstage. You have to go pretty deep or cold for that matter to benefit significantly from the adjustment. You would be equally as happy with a MK25 S550 or the MK 16 as suggested. For less than 90ft. I would aggree the S600 is little overdoing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom