$400 regulator Setup Challenge..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSP

Registered
Reaction score
Ok guys this is a challenge to put together a complete regulator setup for under $400.00usd. 1st stage,2nd stage, octopus or air2, and pressure gauge. I found a setup from L.P. on the oceanic delta3 with alpha octo and pressure gauge for about 375.00 dollars.

Oh and warm water dives no cold dive enviroments.

Thanks

Look at scubatoys.com.
I think you'll be able easy to complete a set under $400.
A basic Mares MR12/Proton with an octo and gauge and here you go. You'll get Manuf. warranty and they are even from Texas :wink:

how much guarantee you want with 400 bucks?Which Manufacturer you,re prefer,cold water or warm water,high or low or no performance?When it comes to life support equipment ,then i,m surely not turning the dimes.

MSP:
Ok guys this is a challenge to put together a complete regulator setup for under $400.00usd. 1st stage,2nd stage, octopus or air2, and pressure gauge. I found a setup from L.P. on the oceanic delta3 with alpha octo and pressure gauge for about 375.00 dollars.

Oh and warm water dives no cold dive enviroments.

Thanks

I'd look for used on e-bay. A friend picked up a Scubapro Mk10 with 2 G250s and gauges for $200.00. Figure another $100.00 for service and take the change to pay for a 1-day trip.

If you are not comfortable with used then you will probably have to forgo the trip and maybe some of the performance.

alemaozinho:
how much guarantee you want with 400 bucks?Which Manufacturer you,re prefer,cold water or warm water,high or low or no performance?When it comes to life support equipment ,then i,m surely not turning the dimes.

I don't get too wrapped up in this "life-support" thing. Reliability is not expensive in a regulator. Look at the Mk2/R190. It's pretty hard to get more reliable than a good unbalanced piston 1st with classic downstream 2d design. About the only way to make a big improvement on that is redundency.

So how much did you pay for your last brake job? How much do you think that other vehicle coming at you paid?

I've seen $300 setups in LDSs, including my own Deep Blue Scuba. They're lower end models, but reliable. I use one lower end model, and it has worked for my needs for two years thus far. This is 1st stage plus 2nd stage primary. I have my octo on my bc, as I dive rec currently. You could do the $400 arrangement at a LDS, though if you also need the secondary. I would buy my reg at a LDS, not online. I have enough heartburn over buying a computer online, but there was a great savings, and it was a gift, not my purchase. I stick to the LDS.

downunderjenn:
I stick to the LDS.

As a divemaster, are you getting a keyperson discount or other DM benefits from your LDS?

One more question. Is your LDS selling online?

Try the Aeris Atmos Sport with their gyro octo and Cressi Gauges from Scuba Toys.

Reg - MK2/R190: $160
Octo - R190: $85
SPG - Genesis 3 gauge with compass: $130

Subtotal of $375.
Factor in shipping and then that the warranty is only valid through them (them being LeisurePro). If you want to get frisky I was recently informed that you can get a MK16/R190 combo for $30 more than the MK2/R190 and then you have a balanced first stage, but it puts your subtotal at $405. Talk to a LDS, they may negotiate with you on a package deal.

You could also go with a Sherwood Oasis... $219 plus $70 for the octo. That wouldn't be MY choice, but if $400 is the absolute limit, then it's a way to get there.
Add $60 for a Genesis pressure gauge and you're set for $350.

I'm assuming you have a computer or some other form of depth gauge and bottom timer, as well as a compass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom