Zeagle Envoy v. Aeris Atmos Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RHMC66

Reaction score
Can anyone chime in on this? They are priced similarly, but offer different advantages. The Aeris is environmentally sealed, so may be better for future cold water dives in NE and may result in a longer life. The Zeagle, which is not sealed, received a perfect score (20 of 20) on Rodales, which I believe is based mostly on breathability. For comparison, the Aeris received a 12 of 20, but has been reviewed highly by other publications. I know I should try first, but I am living in the desert right now, with no LDS, and I want to purchase my own equipment for a month long trip to the Caribbean in September. Not that it matters, but I have decided to go with a BP/Wing for the BC. Oh, and I am not really interested in the ScubaPro products. I know they have an excellent reputation, but I have a personal aversion to their marketing tactics. Also, I think I may run into serviceability problems with Apeks (and I want to buy American if I can). Thanks in advance.

I dive Zeagle. They make one GOOD reg. I have used the Aeris. The effort to breath is quite noticable. Try B4 you buy.

You cant go wrong with the BP/Wing.

BIGSAGE136:
I dive Zeagle. They make one GOOD reg. I have used the Aeris. The effort to breath is quite noticable. Try B4 you buy.

You cant go wrong with the BP/Wing.

Do you dive the Envoy or another model? My only concern is cold water use with an unsealed 1st stage. Any experience with this?

Thanks for the input.

RHMC66:
Do you dive the Envoy or another model? My only concern is cold water use with an unsealed 1st stage. Any experience with this?

Thanks for the input.

Sounds like a Scubatoys order in the making if I ever heard one. I just made a similar decision. I looked at the same 2 regs. Zeagle has a better reputation, at least on this board, but I wanted an environmental seal. Same problem as you.

Ahh.. to seal or not to seal. It is a tough call. Some have told me that 50 degrees F is cold enough to warrent one. That was a clerk at an LDS so who knows? Others say that sand and algae can get in to a non-sealed reg but I'm not sure how critical that is with a diaphragm type first stage.

Ultimately, I decided I'd never know for sure, but I knew I wanted a reg that would grow with me. Not knowing where that "growing" would lead... I decided to go sealed.

So... that left me with liking the Zeagle Envoy but wanting a sealed first stage.

What did I do? I did what any self-respecting capitalist would do when faced with such a problem. I threw money at it. I bit the bullet and shelled out the extra $100 for the Zeagle ZX / DS-IV.

Scubatoys will negotiate a little bit, especially if they are setting you up with the whole package. If you can find the same item cheaper somewhere (from an authorized dealer w/ manufacturer's warranty, ie not from Leisurepro) let them know.

They also stock brands that are not featured online -- Scubapro and Atomic for starters. Apparently different manufacturers have different rules about how they want their products sold. If you are still making up your mind you might call Scubatoys to discuss other options.

RHMC66:

Thanks for the input.

I dive the Flathead VI ZX with a ZX Octo. I also like the environmental seal, but for me its for the Grand Bahama sand.
Fine as talc.

I dive the envoy and it is the best reg I have ever used.

RHMC66:

Thanks for the input.

No better off than using the Aeris. Iwould also go with the Envoy if it is not too much more. If you are so inclined you can also get the envoy sealed.(this turns it into a DSV) That would eliminate any worries.....

I am debating between the Aeris Atmos Pro and the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe....I decided on the Zeagle based on the scubaboard and then I talked with a Scuba Toys rep today and he said that hands down the Aeris Atmos Pro is the way to go. He said he would match it against basically anything he had.

The more I learn and read the worse off I become... :11:

Thanks for all of the replies. I am going to go with the Zeagle, but probably the ZX-50D rather than the unsealed Envoy. I hope to post a review after an extended dive trip in September.

Back
Top Bottom