New Reg Decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishpants

New
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new reg, and am looking at the following: Aqua Lung Titan LX Supreme, Apeks ATX50, Oceanic CDX5 and Diverite RG2000.

Based on browsing this forum, it seems to be a toss-up between the Aqua Lung and the Apeks, but how do the Oceanic and Diverite compare?

Any opinions on any or all of these regs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

What type of diving are you doing, cold water? warm water? deep? nitrox? O, and welcome to the board! :D

To skyjunky: Why Legend over Titan?
To Tekdiver10: Thanks! I stumbled across this site while researching regs. What a fantastic resouce! As for my diving, I'm a DM with over 500 dives, usually dive Nitrox these days, and dive recreationally in cold water at home, (British Columbia, Canada) warm water on holidays, and deep only by recreational standards. I've considered tech training, but at the moment my budget won't allow me to invest in the gear and training required. I'm looking for a good, high performance reg to replace my old Dacor Ice that is now about 14 years old.

and have no complaints but most of my diving
is in the warm waters of Florida....I would
sugguest you go with the regulator that you can
get serviced the easiest in your area after
trying them out to see which you liked the best.
Happy diving.

The titan is a fine regulator. But I think the apex and legend are more of an even comparison.

If your doing cold water I would recomend the Apeks. They just can't be beat. Well Scuabpro is getting close, but for reliability I would go with Apeks. The Dive Rtie is made by another manufactor and Aqualungs arn't anything special. They all use the same service parts so they all breath about the same. All your doing is just paying for a purdy design.

Did you consider Atomic? I have an M1. Enviro sealed, good in cold water, and safe to EAN 80% w/o special cleaning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom